800813$

Today has been the most physically hard day that I have had in a very, very long time.  

Wow, that made me sound like a total wuss didn't it?  

It's not that I don't do physical tasks; I actually do a lot of stuff that is physical around the house - I paint, I clean, I do other things but today???  Today was the first time I ever weed-whacked my yard.  And that weed-whacking took place at approximately 7:30 in the morning because I live in Florida, it's ridiculously hot outside, and upon completion of my weed-whacking (I really love typing that word for some reason - or is it words, because you've got weed and whacking but it's hyphenated? Two words? One word? One and a half words? I haven't the foggiest.) I was drenched from head to toe.   

To be fair the grass was decently tall.  Not "STAY OUT OF THE TALL GRASS!" velociraptor tall, but tall enough to be an annoyance and potential hiding place to critters that I don't necessarily want around construction workers that will be working on the little casita next week - so yeah.  Whacking it down was a necessity.  It was also very dewy (Florida + 75% humidity = pretty miserable for yard work), so my shoes were thoroughly soaked through, too.   

Damn, do I feel accomplished, though!  Tomorrow I'll be up and at it again but tomorrow's chore:  Mowing the front yard.  I am very very grateful that my wife talked me into buying the zero-turn "Husky Varmit" because that is definitely going to make my life easier and mowing faster.  

But Jess! You're a Realtor!  Why are you doing yard work?   Okay, you're probably not asking that question, you're probably thinking "Why the hell is she talking about being proud of weed-whacking?"  I'm proud because I did something that I have never really done before.   I was up at 6:30, didn't procrastinate, ran my morning routine and was out the door getting the things accomplished that I needed to get accomplished.  And I rocked that shit.  Whether or not I will be able to keep up the pace for the next 3 weeks remains to be seen.  The three-week estimate is on the low side of things, too, because Kacy's doctor has said she needs to not exercise probably for about 6 weeks.   She'll be back to cooking and stuff in a few weeks, but yard work?  Yeah... I think that's my new routine.  

I have been in "money mode" for the past several years.  It has been my job to make the money while Kacy holds down the fort.  We discovered that I was pretty good at the whole making money thing and she's way better at the whole homemaking thing than I ever was in my tenure as primary Mom, so yeah.  We swapped a while ago.  It has been a learning curve for both of us.  We each have our routines that differ and there is a lot of communication that we do.  Alas, Kacy is out of commission as primary Mom for a while and I am running point on pretty much everything. 

I am perfectly okay with that because Kacy took another giant step towards her transition last week.  Last week we took a lovely little trip down to Fort Lauderdale and Kacy had one of the best plastic surgeons in the US (the dude has sculpted people all over the world) give her some brand new titties. 

That's right, my dudes, my wife got some brand new boobs.  

I knew it was coming. We had been talking about it for quite a while.  She has been utilizing "chicken cutlets" (silicon breast forms) in her bra for a while now and while she had a pretty nice B- cup size (somewhere between an A and a B cup), she wanted something more up top to make her look and feel more feminine.   Because I'm not an asshole and because it's not my body, I have been very much in support of her doing what makes her feel like her and since I've got my own set of silicone, I have absolutely no problem getting this done for her.   She did the research - months of it, and finally decided.  We scheduled it, took a trip, and now we're home.  It's Kacy+!  

The surgery went off without a hitch.  Her doctor texted me after about an hour and let me know that he was done and that things went smoothly and they were spectacular.  I went back to the recovery room when they let me, expecting silly, high-anesthesia Kacy (I actually wasn't sure how she would react because she's never had general anesthesia before) but I did not get anesthesia Kacy.  Instead, I got grumpy, death stare Kacy.  She gave me a look that I had never seen before from her - I had seen it from her Mom, sister, one of their kids, and I've seen our youngest shoot it at people before but I had never seen this particular look come out of her.   Not gonna lie, I kinda wanted to turn around and leave, it was just that bone-chilling of a look.  I did get a picture of the look, but I won't share it because if I did, I'd be afraid that the government may take it and use it against enemy combatants.  Seriously, this death stare would have anyone quaking in their boots.  

The boobs, though.... I've been through this before.  Mine, however, were sub-glandular.  Not nearly as painful as Kacy's, which are sub-muscular.  I warned her ahead of time that the only way I could describe the pressure was like if a baby elephant was sitting on your chest while you did 100 pushups causing your back to hurt like the dickens, but I guess I didn't emphasize that enough because Kacy has been absolutely miserable.  

The first night, once we got back to our hotel, she slept and cried most of the time.  I've never seen her in that much pain.  My heart about broke because I couldn't save her any steps here.  It also doesn't help that you pretty much look like a deformed monster when you first come out because they place those suckers high up.  No, you don't come out of the operation with them sitting perfectly in place.  Gravity has to do it's work and they need to gradually fall into place.  While I had the joy of just having them do a lift as well and do have what they call a lollipop scar, with Kacy they had to completely move her nipples.  We're talking donut cut around them and put them in a new spot.  While that is healing it feels like fire and lightning shooting through your nipples and there are some times that it can absolutely wind you.  

I felt horrible last night because I turned down the AC to 75 (I like to sleep cool) and about took Kacy out because the vent was aimed right at her and I think I almost took her out.  AND it's not like you can curl up into a fetal position or brace against anything for the pain because you pretty much don't want to move for the first couple of days. Everything that we would normally do for pain management as far as gritting and bearing it?  Nope, can't do it.  She even has to stay pretty much upright because laying down is not only a big no-no right now, but it hurts like hell.  

When I had mine done, I created a nest of pillows and stayed in it for about a week.  The nest would travel with me from one room to the other and I discovered that holding my arms slightly up and away from my body felt really damn good.  I remember wishing I lived in space so I could completely ignore gravity and just float around. 

Night one was like dealing with an infant - up every 4 hours for a drink of water, pain pills and very careful trips to the bathroom.  Night one was also in a hotel where the bed was ridiculously stiff.  The pillows were great, but I came home incredibly stiff with a sore neck and back.  Nothing compared to Kacy, though.  

Night 2 we quickly discovered that sleeping in bed was not in the cards so I spent the night on the couch while Kacy slept as much as she could in a recliner in the living room.  I tried to look at it like it was a fun slumber party but I was just reminded why whenever my friends wanted to go out and get an Airbnb to split where multiple people would end up on a couch?  Yeah, that's not for me.  I'm not 20 anymore and sleeping on the couch does not appeal to me in the least.  Hell, I was spoiled in my 20s and didn't ever want to sleep on someone's couch. Hotel please and thank you!

Night 3 Kacy slept on the recliner again.  I managed to get 5 hours straight and slept until 6:30 when the light in our bathroom went on and I realized that I was on full time Mom duty and I popped out of bed.  It was really nice to sleep in our bed, but it felt empty without Kacy next to me.  There are very rare occasions that we're not sleeping in the same location.  Usually it involves me driving to Kentucky to visit my Dad or a realtor event, but even then most of the time Kacy is with me.  Last night, Kacy was not with me and not gonna lie - I missed her.  

Tonight I don't know if I'll make it past 8pm.  I'm going to try and stay up till then, but I'm completely wiped out.  It has been a busy day and because I'm tired I ended up canceling most of the stuff that is superfluous this week.  I'll tackle that stuff as it goes and have rescheduled various appointments for next week.  I am definitely in need of a nap.  

BUT before the surgery, we had a lovely time trying on fake tits at the doctor's office (which put a HUGE grin on my girls face) and then we went to the beach where I got a little bit of a recharge along with wet pants because if I am on a beach, I'll be damned if I'm not going to run into the water at least a little ways.  

Side note:  I have never felt the ocean quite that warm.  
Side side note: I think this was also the first time that Kacy has seen the Atlantic Ocean.  

Also on our trip, I yelled really loudly "A1A BEACH FRONT AVENUE!!!"  Kacy thought I was a lunatic, but I was just quoting Vanilla Ice.  After that we went and finally saw the Barbie movie which was absolutely fantastic, ate some pretty damn good pizza and settled in for a night of watching bad hotel tv before we drifted off to dream land only to awaken the next morning, a bundle of nerves.  

We made it through, though.  Kacy has taken another giant leap in her transition.  Things are, dare I say it?  GOOD!  I don't want to jinx anything, but yeah... stuff is good.   

I shall now end this blog with a few pics, because yeah...  First one is when we were trying on the fake titties in the special bra - seriously look how freakin' happy she looks!  Second one was on the beach and the third was right before they wheeled her back.  You don't get any after photos until Halloween, though, because we have plans for their reveal and it's going to be absolutely amazing.  



Seriously, y'all... How happy does she look?  (Yeah, I know I look really really tired - you would be too if you slept on that bed!)



 

Comments

Popular Posts