Idalia ain't got nuthin' on me.

 I tried to be nice.  I really really did.  But the lady at a certain public office gave me lip and I switched very quickly from channeling my inner Lemon Breeland (Hart of Dixie folks, watch it - it's absolutely adorable and one of my fav things to binge watch when I'm feeling crappy) to channeling "Producer Jess" and informed her of how things were going to go and I expected results and confirmation that certain things were going to be updated by the end of the day.  

I'm fairly sure she doesn't like me now, but holy hot damn if I didn't get "uppity."  That hurricane that's heading straight for where we live in Florida?  Yeah - it's got nothing on the shit that she's going to have rain down on her if I don't get confirmation that things have been done.  

Also, after my much needed meltdown (about an hour straight of crying, followed by a bubble bath, followed by xanax and a really good nights sleep), I woke up this morning ready to go, grabbed the keys to the Porshe and headed out the door.  

My various missions of getting the power of attorney to the places that it needed to go to along with stopping by the rental properties, stopping by the lawyer's office to double check I had done everything that I needed to do went very smoothly.  I still need to get over to the accountant, but I'm not going to deal with that one for a while.  

When I dropped off the power of attorney to my Dad's property manager, I surprisingly ran into my former step-bro's wife.  I had been dreading running into the former step-family but low and behold it was not bad at all.  We have both gotten older, she looks fantastic, I asked about the kids, showed off pics of mine, told her about how I still get to hang out with Marisa and how I'm taking care of Dad (who is still stubborn as all get out).  I was giggling when I left the office and also wishing my hair was still a very very bright pink because I know that the small town rumor mill is going to start churning now that my presence is known to certain people.  I'm perfectly okay with that and I honestly don't mind because if anything, I'm low on spoons and could use some distraction.  

On the home front, I am confident that our Florida farm, the Resting Bitch Place, is well taken care of and prepared for whatever this hurricane may bring (at least up to a cat 3, if a cat 4 comes, the family is going to pile into the car and head this way methinks).  And while I know everything is taken care of, I can't help but worry.  I miss my family horribly.  I miss my bed, too, but that's very much less so than my family.  

In somewhat lighter news, I got "preached" at in the hallway when I went to go hunt down a nurse to ask a few questions.  Some random construction worker outside of my Dad's room (he was with a group of them, I'm guessing visiting a friend who was in the process of being examined because the other doors were closed) stopped me and asked me if I knew Jesus.  I told him "Not personally because he's been dead for thousands of years, but I heard a rumor that he's coming back."  The guy said "No Ma'am! It's not a rumor!  He is coming back! I can tell you about it if you want."   I responded, in my very best Kentucky accent: "Sir, I went to Christ the King and 'sun-dee' school. I know all about the Mr. Jesus. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to spend some time with my Daddy. You have an absolutely blessed day."  

The gentleman and his friends took off shortly after that.  I hope their friend is doing well.  The God discussion did, however, spurn on a conversation about how my Dad does not want to be buried in the ground, but would prefer a mausoleum interment to which I said "As long as it's not a death bookshelf, we're good."  He also said he wants the mausoleum at the end of the driveway so you see it when you turn into the driveway of his house.  I told him that I didn't think that was legal to which he informed me "we can start our own damn graveyard if we want to."  I told him my plans of turning Kacy into a diamond and how I want to do that whole human composting with my body - terramation I think it's called.   

So yeah... That's how my day is currently going.  Today, I am a force of nature.  Hear me roar.  


Comments

Popular Posts