Love is Love

I don't understand it.  Someone please explain it to me because I really do not understand it at all.  I used to think I was naive.  Then, I was told this is "woke" thinking, which sorry-not-sorry I'd much rather be woke them some of the hateful ass people in this world (some of my "family" members included). 

A woman was shot in California.  She was supposedly a pillar of her community, she ran a small business, she was the mother of 9 and she was shot because she had a pride flag flying.   

I have a pride flag flying at my house.  Am I next?  Maybe I should ask my kids for tips on what to do if there's an active shooter? They practice for that scenario almost weekly.  

I know it's been a while since there was any form of sanity in this world but I cannot help but scream out at the world "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!"  

There are a whole bunch of people out there that need to worry about themselves.  Why does my relationship with someone matter to anyone but the person I am in the relationship with?  It doesn't.  If I want to get married, or live with someone, or even fuck someone what does that matter to you?  It doesn't.  It is between me and the person I fuck/marry/whatnot.  You aren't living in my house.  You aren't paying my bills.  And how is my relationship personally hurting you in any way shape or form?  Unless you're also in the relationship (which, while I do have polyamorous friends, I don't swing that way- sorry. I'm very much a one-person girl), then you don't have any input into my life whatsoever. Even in a relationship, I will maintain a certain amount of autonomy, thank you very much.  Insert me singing Lil Nas' Old Town Road here:  "Ain't nobody tell me nuthin'..."

Oh, you wanted in my pants?  Well, sorry - I'm in a relationship with someone else.  Unrequited love is a bitch.  Not only that but there's no reason for you to be digging around down there without my permission.  

Just because YOU believe in something doesn't mean we all believe in it.  There is nothing wrong with a healthy fantasy life.  I used to be the queen of self-inserted fan fic, trust me. But here's the thing - telling people who they can or can't be with, what they can read, what they can and can't wear, how to behave, blah blah blah.  Why do you care?  

How is me and my wife sharing a hug, quick kiss, or holding hands in public something that is going to completely destroy your way of life?  It's not.  This is a great big world and there is plenty of room for all of us on it.  I don't start screaming "INDOCTRINATION!" whenever I see a "straight" couple holding hands, sharing a hug or a quick kiss in public.  I don't shoot nasty looks at people when they're dressed differently or look differently.   I'm not going to judge a pregnant person over a non-pregnant person.  

The worst part? I keep hearing people saying "It's pointless to argue with someone like that..." "Someone like that" being one of those judgey mcjudgersons that go all racist, homophobic or what something trying to cram their beliefs down my throat.  Um, no.  I'm allowed to disagree with you.  I'm not going to stand there and let you scream at me.  I'm going to scream right back because frankly, I think you're being stupid. 

And after I've screamed back (twice as loud, might I add, because my Mom taught me how to scream loud and you'd seriously never expect something that loud or gutteral coming out of my mouth), you're going to sit there and be all offended because I yelled at you.  Yep, I yelled.  To stop you from yelling.  And now you're going to get all offended.  

Do you see how stupid you look?  Do you see how all offended you look because I did the exact same thing you just did?  

You're walking behind me and my wife while I'm shopping, your jaw on the floor because my wife is 6'3" and literally has superhero proportions?  Of course I'm going to turn around and call out your behavior!  Seriously!  In what society is that even remotely okay?!  (I'm talking to you, lady who followed me and my wife when we were in Miami not so long ago.)

Am I scared to go out? Sometimes, yeah, I am.  Some days my anxiety gets the best of me.  I have absolutely no problem excising the people that are toxic out of my life. I will also go above and beyond to defend my family at all costs.  THEY are the people that matter in this world - not you, not your friends, not your hate group, not your God (which- why would any god, except maybe the god of hatred and/or war) want you to behave the way you are?  Where does it say it's okay to go and shoot someone or beat them up or just be unkind in general.  

Ugh.  This world just makes no sense to me anymore.  SO, just fuck it.  I'm going to keep being me - the sunshine and rainbows that is my status quo.  But seriously - I'm not keeping my mouth shut.  If you come at me, I'm going to hit right back. 

Love is love.  You have an itch, scratch it.  Just make sure it's consensual. And safe.  Be safe out there, too. 

Comments

Popular Posts