Random thoughts in my head.

 We got a puppy.  

As if I needed to add to the crazy that is my life, but whatevs.  We got a puppy.  Jenna (my partner-in-crime at work) had 12 puppies and a few weeks ago when I helped her take all 12 of them to the vet, one of the sweetest girls in the litter came and sat up on my lap a good portion of the time we were in the car. (The vet was kind enough to come out to the car, rather than have us schlep 12 puppies in.) Whenever someone would come and take home one of the 12 puppies, she'd set this sweet girl aside and finally, this past Monday, at my weakest point - Jenna and I were working on some stuff at our house and when she came over she had the puppy with her.  Jenna went home and the puppy stayed.  And now we have a puppy.  

She really is a sweet girl.  We named her Fiona.  I had the song one-eyed Fiona by Lyle Lovett in my head - it had just popped in there for some reason or another.  The very next day, though, she crashed through our pool screen trying to get outside the cage to go poop.  It was very ogre-like, which got us thinking about Fiona from Shrek, which made us laugh.  As Kacy said: "Cue up the Smash Mouth song!"

We contemplated getting a puppy last year but decided against it with everything going on.  I honestly wasn't going to take one of the puppies from Jenna, but it just.... It worked? It fit? It seemed like a good idea at the time?  (All of our animals seemed like a good idea at the time, though.)  We still have so much going on.  My Dad is no where near better, the stents placed, I know were just a bandaid on a very large problem that isn't going away and is only going to get worse.   

I've been slowly ramping up my workload.  It feels good.  I'm exercising a part of my brain that hasn't had a good workout in a while.  Working with Jenna has been fabulous.  We bounce suggestions off each other quite well.  The funny thing is, though, each of us has our own baggage where we feel like we're not doing enough for each other.   Trying to make the other one feel better about the fact we're doing the most and the best we can just makes me want to laugh sometimes.  We are a good fit as far as working together.  We both feel energized after working together and we really should do it more often - a lot gets accomplished when we do.   

I can't wait until work really gets going and I'm really busy, although my Dad won't like it much.  He told me the other day that he liked it when I didn't have a lot going on to which I was like "Yeah, but I gotta pay the bills." The pile has shrunk to an unsustainable level and shit needs to happen to make it grow again.  I know I can do it, it's just going to take time and effort that I am having a hard time actually summoning.  I'll get there, though.  I know I will.  I just gotta do what everyone else does - strap on my boots a little tighter and push through.   Saying shit like that really makes me hate capitalism. 

Comments

Popular Posts