Finally home!

We made it home to Florida yesterday around 4pm.  We didn't get on the road until Monday afternoon due to the fact that certain things were not completed by the rehab facility.  Nice folks, but holy crap does stuff seem immensely disorganized.  One of the nurses was just like "Go to the nurses station and sign him out."  I had to explain that wasn't what was going on, that we were leaving the facility never to return if we could help it.  Of course, I had to be as dramatic as humanly possible, because it's me.  

We are home, which is wonderful, and I got the first really good nights sleep I've gotten in a while, but this morning I woke up to Kacy dealing with a migraine and having also seen my Dad for the first time since he was visiting in August and that change was... well, as dramatic as I had explained.   I think she had thought that I was being overly dramatic (we all know I have a flair for that) but my Dad's condition has deteriorated so rapidly that despite my descriptions- I don't think she was ready for what she saw.  Her heart was broken.  

I'm doing my very best to keep going and today I have to admit that I feel quite energized and I've accomplished everything that I needed to do, but I'm still feeling behind? Like I am missing something? I'm not sure what.  Yesterday I made a list but I have, in true Jess fashion, misplaced the list because it was not on my clipboard like it should have been. Then again, I don't think I'm quite sure where my clipboard is at the moment - we'll get back on track soon.  

This week will be setting stuff up and getting everything situated the way it works best for us.  I'm sure it will be a work in progress, but we'll get there.  I'm optimistic and I'm happy to be home. 

Comments

Popular Posts