Rehabilitation

Today was a good day.  My Dad, while there was still some confusion and issues with his blood pressure dropping, we got word that everything seems to be within "therapeutic range."  With the help of the case manager at the hospital, we were able to find 2 facilities in town that had space for him.  The night nurse said my Dad had a hard time last night, but today he was doing good, so here we go. 

I see the writing on the wall.  I know that I'm lucky to have time with my Dad. On the outside, I'm lucky if I have 5 years.  Worst case scenario - I could have only have a short time with him.  My Dad and I, while we've had our ups and downs, but I love my Dad.  My Dad has been there and was responsible for keeping this autistic, ADHD girl who was filled with exuberance and too smart for her own good to know any better - my life could have turned out very different.  Without his support - my life could have been very different.  

My Dad has the patience of a saint.  And now it's time for me to return the favor.  Happy birthday, Dad.  I love you and I'm so grateful for everything you've done for me.  I only hope that I can return the favor and that I continue to make you proud.  

Comments

Popular Posts