Let the Holiday Prep Commence

Kacy and I just started prepping our turkey.  Once again, we are making the Puerto Rican turkey that my cousin Melissa introduced to the family, although this years bird is significantly smaller than previous years.  Due to everything going on with my Dad, Casita, etc. we were only able to score a 16 pound bird as apparently all the larger birds headed north for the winter instead of south like the snowbirds.  So, this 2023 Holiday Season will have a small turkey but great company despite the slow-ass drivers on the road.  

My Dad is currently sitting in the carport, patiently waiting for the PT guy to show up.  He spent the morning throwing up his rice krispies and if I'm being honest, he still looks a little ashy.  He's definitely not feeling well, but he's trying.  Yesterday he spent most of the day sitting there thinking he needed to go somewhere, feeling anxious and listless punctuated by naps lasting anywhere from ten minutes to an hour or so.  I'm trying really hard not to spiral into thoughts of doom and gloom but it's hard.  I'm in the headspace today that I'm gonna just keep trying.  Today is a Dory kind of day.  Meaning "just keep swimming, just keep swimming."  Mmmmm.... Captain D's for lunch sounds damn tasty and yet that's not going to happen because it's in the complete opposite direction that I have to drive this afternoon.  

I'll be leaving around 1:30 to head to my hair appointment in Orlando.  I've decided to go back to blonde for a little while.  I need a change of pace and I'm not really feeling the pink like I was.  My mental health is in the shitter and the pink is just... well, right now it's not doing it for me.  I need a change.  I think a change will do me good.  We'll add in the pink as I get better and feel more me.  I was really hoping that Megan would be going with me (she was talking about wanting to get her hair colored) but she changed her mind.  I am going to blame analysis paralysis on that one.  It's all good. 

My cousin started painting the casita this morning.  The texturing looks really good and I am really happy with his work.  Has it been slow? Yes.  But it's looking good.

My brain has been drifting to my friend McKay.  I miss her.  I really do.  I think I'm going to write her an email.  I truly believe that she was just overwhelmed and she was sold a bill of goods that she was ashamed to fess up to.  I know how that feels.  I heard she got her architects stamp a couple of months back - I'm proud of her for that.  I think I'll spend this morning putting my thoughts to paper and send her an actual letter letter.  That seems like the proper thing to do.  

I'm truly all over the place - an ADHD ferret on crack.  My moods are going from one side to another.  I am looking forward to the holidays, I'm ready for this year to be over. It's time for something fresh.  I'm ready to start over.  


Comments

Popular Posts